Thursday, June 26, 2014

Wins, Losses, Tackles, Touchdowns, and Two- Point Conversions Mean Nothing
The Perspective of What is Important

In the time that I have written this blog, I have covered many aspects of Ferrum football. Comparing teams, giving my predictions, comparing statistics, responding to comments, and offering my perspective as to what Ferrum needs to do to continuously improve.

Tonight I had the good fortune to speak to Head Coach Dave Harper, and while I always enjoy the chance to chat with Coach Harper, tonight's conversation took a turn that I was not expecting. After discussing some really impressive recruiting successes, Coach Harper told me of a recruit from Caroline County, Daronte Rollins. Rollins was a two sport star at Caroline County High School, excelling in both football and wrestling. Coach Harper indicated that Rollins was a talent, and was on his way to Ferrum, to sign his papers required for admission when the vehicle he was driving was involved in an accident, leaving the future Panther paralyzed. 

It is such a shock to hear of something as terrible as this. The Ferrum Black Hat golf outing was dedicated to assist Rollins and his family. All monies raised were donated to Daronte's assistance.

Rollins is now at the VCU Medical Center in Richmond. 

Please read the attached article from the Free Lance Star:

Free Lance Star Article

No comments:

Post a Comment